When you’re buying a home, you need a buyer’s agent – and here’s why.
What a Buyer’s Agent Will Do for You
Your agent’s primary duty is to help you get the best possible deal. He or she will:
- Help you find a lender
- Email you listings that meet your needs
- Set up appointments for you to see homes you’re interested in
- Go with you to tour homes so you have an expert’s point-of-view
- Research comparable sales so you know you’re getting a good deal
- Negotiate with the seller’s agent to get you the best price
Signing an Agreement
You can sign an agreement with your buyer’s agent that says he or she is committed to working in your best interests. In fact, many agencies require you to sign something like this.