I woke up today to find the mercury hovering in the 30s. I also awoke to find that my brand new heating and air conditioning system is not working. As I wait for company to open so I can call and schedule a repair I realized that the Holiday Season is upon us. Although our average winter temperatures are usually in the 60s, we do get these cold days to remind us why we live in Florida. Most of us came from somewhere colder and these cold days remind us why we live here. When I have to break out the winter coat it makes me feel a little nostalgic for the years I spent in Montana. Especially now, as I sit in my living room typing this and wearing a scarf and stocking hat.
So today the cold weather made me start thinking about the Holidays. I spent last weekend in Atlanta having Thanksgiving dinner with my family because I have a couple of clients coming to the beach for their Thanksgiving. Being a Realtor I have learned that holidays are not about the dates they fall on, but about spending time with the ones you love. So I am looking forward to a busy next couple of weeks. We are seeing a very robust Real Estate Market right now. And the property management companies are telling me they are setting records for winter bookings. This shows that our area is becoming more of a year round destination. And as we have more people visiting this time of year is seems that we have more festivals and activities popping up every year. So I thought I would post a schedule so you do not miss out on any of the action. Here is a pretty good list of things to keep you busy and keep you outside to enjoy the season.
Be sure to follow me on Facebook because I will be posting updates and keeping you in the know. If you are not already following me, just type “30A Realtor” into the Facebook search, and you will find me.
• Now – Feb 1st: Hours Vary – Baytowne on Ice (Ice Skating) – Baytowne Wharf
• Saturday, Nov 22nd: 5PM – The Nutcracker in Seaside – Seaside Amphitheater
• Tuesday, Nov 25th: 4-6PM – Festival of Trees – Grand Boulevard
• Wednesday, Nov 26th: 9AM to 1PM – Seaside Farmer’s Market – Seaside
• Friday, Nov 28th: 10AM to 12PM – Alys in Winter Wonderland – Alys Beach
• Friday, Nov 28th: 6-8PM – Old Town Holiday Tree Lighting Ceremony – S. Barrett Square, Rosemary Beach
• Friday, Nov 28th: 6:30-8PM – Merchant Holiday Open House Shopping Extravaganza – Rosemary Beach
• Friday, Nov 28th: 7PM – Holiday Movie Night (Elf) – Seaside Amphitheater
• Saturday, Nov 29th: 8-10AM – Breakfast with Santa – Town Hall, Rosemary Beach
• Saturday, Nov- 29th: 9AM to 5PM – Holiday Market – Rosemary Beach
• Saturday, Nov 29th: 4PM – Annual Holiday Parade – Seaside
• Saturday, Nov 29th: Sundown – Tree Lighting – Cerulean Park, Watercolor
• Saturday, Nov 29th: 5-8PM – Turn on The Town – Seaside
• Saturday, Nov 29th: 5-9PM – Old Florida Holiday & Winter Market – Watercolor
• Saturday, Nov- 29th: 6-9PM – Here Comes Santa Claus – Baytowne Wharf
• Saturday, Dec 20th: 5:30PM – Pensacola Symphony Orchestra Holiday Pops Concert – Seaside